Positive Wellness Recovery Centre is devoted to supporting people in our community to live at their best every day, regardless of age, abilities and circumstances. We believe in the capacity of all people to achieve wonderful outcomes and to lead fulfilling lives.
We are seeking experienced Support Workers in the northern suburbs who are able to care for both young individuals and adults living with a disability with carrying support needs to enhance physical, social, emotional and intellectual development.
A successful candidate needs to be experienced in complex Disability care and passionate about helping others maintain their quality of life.
You’ll need to be compassionate, empathetic and a detail orientated individual who possess strong listening and communication skills to be successful.
As a Support Worker you could be working in people’s homes, in the community or in health and social care settings and may help with tasks such as mobility, eating and drinking or personal care.
You will need the ability to provide specialist care such as PEG feeding, hoisting, bowel care, catheter care, overnight respite and dealing with complex behaviours.
Duties and responsibilities of a Support Worker are unique and varied because those we support have unique needs. Whilst this can be a diverse role, the focus is always on supporting a person to lead a fulfilling and more independent life.
Candidates with autism experience will be highly regarded.
Benefits and perks include:
- Professional development opportunities
- Working with diverse people
- Variety of work settings
- Above award pay rates
- Social Team Events
Must Haves Prior to Employment
- Minimum of Cert 3 in Aged Care/ Disability/ HACC/ Individual Support OR O/S Nurse/ Doctors OR Currently pursuing Bachelors/ Diploma of Nursing with at least 1 completed placements
- Current First Aid and CPR Certificate
- Experience in Disability Home Care, Aged Care and/or Community Work
- National Police Check and International Police Check (If Applicable)
- Employee Working with Children Check
- Mental Health First Aid is desirable
- Valid Australian work rights
Full Victorian Driver’s license and a reliable and insured car